Sunday, January 27, 2008

J&B Met

Yesterday I went to the J&B Met in Cape Town.

I like looking at the posers and prostitots pretending to be something special; like provincials (that they are), they walk around like scions of society when in fact they have infectious jobs of little import.

I stood around pretending to be one of them, glass of warm champagne in hand. I was right for the moment, standing in my pressed white suit. I looked like one of them, trying too hard to blend in. But my fault was blending in too well... looking too dapper for the truth to be hidden.

I was someone that unimportant. And yet I was too important...

I needed some outlet, I needed to find something to change my mind about people, to convince me that they were in fact worth while... even if they were not.

No comments: